Employees’ safety, health, and well-being are inherent features in the employer-employee relationships. In modern corporate setup, it is the employers’ primary responsibility to ensure employees’ safety against foreseeable dangers and risks, when performing their job duties as well as traveling on an official trip. An online tool for employee tracking in corporate travel can help the businesses tackle many challenges that an employee may face during their corporate trips, such as accidents, theft, scheduling delays, lost document or luggage, and the most obvious dangers, like hijackings, missing persons, fatalities, and natural disasters.
The businesses are expected to analyze and evaluate the risk level an employee may face, depending upon the when and whereabouts of the journey. Taking considerable steps to prevent any foreseeable risks, such as employee training, developing emergency procedures, and setting up a communication system, will help boost the loyalty of your employees.
An online tool to track employee business travel helps minimize potential risk and liability.
The following checklist will assist you in mapping and implementing employee travel safety systems.
1. Develop a well-structured corporate travel management policy and share it with all employees
2. Build effective communication systems, enabling employer to connect with employees anywhere while traveling
3. Provide necessary training to senior management and other departments responsible for employee travel management
4. Provide health and safety training to employees at all organizational levels
5. Formulate emergency management procedures, that employees should follow when traveling
6. Develop corporate policies for employee travel and ensure their implementation at all organizational levels
7. Set up a system to track and aid employees during trip
8. Avoid potential incidents by keeping employees well-informed about changing events and circumstances
9. Establish instant response plans to meet emergency needs
It is the legal and social responsibility of employers to take reasonable steps for minimizing risks. Therefore, Forest Travel encourages companies to formulate strategies in this regard and has set up an online tool to track employee business travel. The corporate duty of care obligations are expanding and evolving. These must be incorporated into the organizational culture for effective business growth. Safe travels, everyone!